Friday, December 5, 2008

My beloved Sapphirites.. how has your QT been? Been keeping it up? Remember, consistency over length.

I've mentioned this before, but i'd like to stress again that QT is extremely important in our walk with God. Yes, we learn from sermons and sessions and speakers, but it is really through QT that our own personal growth occurs. Think about it. In a christian community, be it church or cf and all its sub-communities (prayer meetings, bible studies), everyone in that community receives the same sermons and lessons as everybody else. The difference in terms of one's spiritual life is determined by what goes on outside of that community- perhaps how the person applies what s/he has learned- which comes under the umbrella of what goes on in that person's personal walk with God- their quiet time. What happens during a person's quiet time (whether it's even there or not) is what sets him/her apart from the rest. It’s really where the relationship with God exists and occurs.

In short, ceteris paribus (all other factors being equal), which is usually the case, a person's spiritual growth is determined by their quiet time- time spent with God.

What if the day comes when Christians are no longer allowed to have church? What if sermons and speakers were banned? Sad it would be for the person who had no personal walk with God- that would be the end of his/her journey.

I began doing QT somewhere in form 1 or 2 when my eldest sister encouraged it, which was after I personally made a confession of faith at the end of standard 6. And come to think of it, I have no memories of any personal walk with God whatsoever before I started doing QT. Sure, I went to church and Sunday school, but whatever happened in church was left in church. The rest of the time, I just got on with my own life and did my own things. God wasn’t a part of my life.

It was only when I started doing QT that God began to permeate into the other areas of my life, because that’s really when the relationship began, and that’s where the relationship really exists. Because it is a daily thing, by doing QT, I’m bringing Him into my everyday life- from Monday to Sunday, from January to December. So He naturally becomes a part of every area of my life, and is no longer confined to just church. And this is how my spiritual being began growing.

Doing QT is practically communicating with Him daily, and He with us, and it is through these quiet times that we grow in our knowledge of Him as well as in our personal relationship with Him.

Have you had your dose of QT today?

1 comments:

dy said...

yes anna! we have been having our QT...u guys..dont neglect it k~ *shiny eyes*