Sunday, January 11, 2009

God is great to me.

You know, guys, I discovered something about myself I didn't even know myself. Its that I can be patient with others, but I'm very impatient with myself. Anyway, knowing that in the whole week, half of it was spent without thinking about God, I wanted an immediate comeback. So...today's quiet time was purposely pushed...meditating...it was amazing..

Matthew 10 : 32 - 42

(I'm a little short on time so I can't type out the verses here)

Verse 32 & 33 - Knowing we are accountable for every action we do...and every thing we do will be stored in heaven...and one day we will face them at the gates of Heaven...or past it...

Verse 34 - 37 - These verses are abit cryptic to me..but from what I got from it, saying that persecution will come from the home...and...isn't the home where we bring our problems to? So maybe it means..we'll be pushed to our limits with nobody to help us...but notice how Jesus, in saying these verses, leaves out spouse? He doesn't say that if we love our spouse more than we love Him, we aren't worthy of Him? Sapphirites, if you are able to derive anything from these, please tell me...

Verse 38 - While meditating, something came to my mind. I was wondering how I should put it, when these verses opened my eyes. Basically what I felt was that,

What is the use of sinning?
For even after Heaven and earth have passed away,
God remains, and we still have to repent.
Why make our lives harder by sinning against God?
We may think sinning is a short cut sometimes, but
eventually, we will all acknowledge that our God is the true God,
and ask Him for forgiveness. But if we are burdened by sin,
Can we still accept the salvation that Jesus holds for us?


Powerful stuff...to me anyway, when I felt it. And if you combine it with verse 32....

God bless you guys.

0 comments: