Friday, January 9, 2009

First week of backsliding.

Many things happened this first week of school. Most of the time, I was busy all the way, but that's not nearly as awe-inspiring as what just happened not one hour ago.

See, as school goes on, work stacks, time gets lesser. I don't even have time to study and I'm not having the pleasure of doing things I want.

As such, my QT has been with lesser meaning...and I've been less in touch with our Giver...taking things from Him, yet giving thanks so hastily that it might as well not have been. So today, as I noticed my shortcoming, I wanted, needed, burned for just a short time with God, one that has meaning, one that is not only on Sundays, and one like never before...

I sat at my desk, with a Bible and a devotional guide. I had finished my work, but there was studying to do. But as I thought about it and started my prayer, I threw my books away, and my papers. All I wanted and needed was God. And He was waiting.

I prayed....prayed...and opened all windows, as I felt a presence commanding me. I looked outside...and I saw a beautiful sunset. Watching slowly as the clouds traveled groggily through the scarlet and blue sky, that was the most mesmerizing moment of the week...

Later, as I kept my eyes fixed on God's beauty...suddenly I noticed the dark clouds slowly covering the sun...

Yet, sunlight was bursting from beyond the distant mix of colors...

And the wisdom of the Spirit came upon me, and I began to see.........

Though dark clouds may cover our day...we know the sun is still there...all we need to do is wait for the rain to pass.

And who knows? There might even be a rainbow after that.

I sat there speechless...

Today's devotion : Matthew 10:17-23

17 "But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues.
18 "You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles.
19 "But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak;
20 "for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.
21 "Now brother will deliver up brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death.
22 "And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.
23 "When they persecute you in this city, flee to another. For assuredly, I say to you, you will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

My explanation...

Verse 17 : Councils, persecuting you in synagogues? When you're preaching the Holy Word, you get punished where it is supposedly the strongest? So expect nothing less...

Verse 18 : Opportunities for Christians....but if you are afraid..

Verse 19 & 20 : The Word speaks louder than what I can write. And believe it, for I have had similar experience. For those who went to the SBC Youth Christmas party, you would know what I meant. I didn't even plan the speech.

Verse 21 & 22 : Again, expect the worse. Surely you might not mind if people you don't know hate you, but what if I told u they were your very own siblings? But read the last part of v.22...

Verse 23 : "For assuredly, I say to you, you will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes." To me, that means, "You won't finish going through all the trials until the Savior returns."

Fellow Sapphirites and readers, I urge you to read...for what I say here are just words..but what God says to you...is indescribable...

0 comments: